Evening Programme and Eating Disorders
Start2Stop works with eating disordered clients who are motivated to engage, willing to work with advice, and who are physically healthy.
We can be a good fit for people struggling with an eating disorder when there is a co-occurring drug or alcohol misuse problem. We are the wrong programme for an ED with high acuity, such as anorexia nervosa or out of control bulimia.
We understand that recovering from an eating disorder is a difficult and lengthy process.
Our job is to help our ED clients to:
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms and more adaptive ways of self-soothing and managing emotional experiences
- Develop insight and understanding into their processes around food & self-image
- Build a recovery support system
- Integrate new food structures into their lives
- Improve emotional and interpersonal communication skills
Our trained ED therapists will work with you individually, oversee your daily food structures, liaise with your dietician, and work alongside any external consultant or therapist.
Eating Disorder Treatment at Start2Stop includes:
- Individual therapy with an experienced ED specialist
- Daily food plan oversight
- Eating Disorder Support Group
- Group Therapy
- Educational workshops on all aspects of addiction & recovery
- Weekly online Family Programme for significant others & loved ones
- A long-term, supported, therapeutic process
- Professional liaison
- We will expect you to work with an external dietician or nutritionist and, where appropriate, have regular contact with a consulting psychiatrist or GP. We will also expect you to attend ED 12-step fellowship meetings.
All ED clients who have completed treatment with Start2Stop are invited to attend a weekly, drop-in, ED Support Group. This is free for life.
of Start2Stop alumni surveyed strongly agreed or agreed to the statement that treatment had met their expectations.
If you are a professional and would like to refer a patient or client to Start2Stop, click the link below for more information.