Here are two widely used screening tools for identifying the presence of an eating disorder. If, having gone through them, you feel that you would benefit from professional help, please contact Start2Stop to book an assessment.
The SCOFF questionnaire (Morgan, Reid and Lacey, 1999).
Each ‘YES’ answer scores a point. A score of 2 suggests a probable case of anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa.
- Do you make yourself Sick (induce vomiting) because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry that you have lost Control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than One stone (14 lb [6.4 kg]) in a three-month period?
- Do you think you are too Fat, even though others say you are too thin?
- Would you say that Food dominates your life?
Screening Questions for Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
Two ‘YES’ answers indicates the probable presence of an eating disorder.
- Have you been on numerous diets in the past year?
- Do you think you should be dieting?
- Are you dissatisfied with your body size?
- Does your weight affect the way you think about yourself?