A person will be ready for tertiary when they have worked hard, been in recovery for some time, and are almost, but not quite, ready for fully independent living.
At this point, our mission is to help residents:
- Step into a recovery lifestyle
- Get everything in place to support fully independent living
- Tertiary will be very useful for someone who has done extended primary and secondary treatment overseas, and is now returning to London. This will be a tricky transition, as to return home will involve leaving a hard-won support system possibly thousands of miles behind one, just as it is needed most.
Tertiary treatment at The Mews House has many advantages:
- For those returning to London from extended treatment abroad, a safe place to live while getting used to being back home, with the opportunity to be supported while coping with triggers and building a new recovery support system
- Structure, while learning to cope with more freedom
- Support, while learning to make healthy choices
- Structure, while learning to be independent
- Support, while stepping out more and more into a life-in-recovery
- Living in a tight-knit recovery community
- Valuable additional time in which to find life direction
- The opportunity for family involvement via therapist-facilitated meetings and our weekly drop-in Family Programme
- The accountability offered by weekly drug & urine testing
of Start2Stop alumni surveyed strongly agreed or agreed to the statement that treatment had met their expectations.
If you are a professional and would like to refer a patient or client to Start2Stop, click the link below for more information.